Click questions to view answers.
Where and when is the event with Gabby Douglas?
The event with Gabby Douglas will take place at:
Gabby Douglas @ City of Goose Creek Gymnastics
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 (4:00-8:00 pm)
519A North Goose Creek Blvd.
Goose Creek SC 29445
What are we fundraising for?
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to achieving prevention and a cure for breast cancer. We provide critical funding for cancer research worldwide to fuel advances in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, metastasis and survivorship.
Since our founding in 1993 by Evelyn H. Lauder, BCRF has raised more than half a billion dollars for lifesaving research. Through a unique and streamlined grants program, we seek out the brightest minds in science and medicine and give them the necessary resources to pursue their best ideas. As a result, researchers are able to make discoveries and design new approaches to address all aspects of breast cancer—and do so in record time.
“Our goal is to accelerate the breakthroughs bringing us closer to a cure to speed up the progress that will improve survivorship and quality of life for breast cancer patients today.” – Myra J. Biblowit, President & CEO
In 2017-2018, BCRF will award $59.5 million in annual grants to more than 275 scientists from top universities and medical institutions around the globe. In addition, BCRF has established the Evelyn H. Lauder Founder’s Fund, a multi-year international program dedicated to metastasis that is the first large-scale global effort to unravel the biology of metastasis, with more than $30 million earmarked to date. It is the largest privately funded project exclusively focused on metastasis in the world. But we still have more to do.
The thousands of women and men suffering from breast cancer today depend on us. No institution can conquer this disease alone. Together, we can.
How do I get to have dinner with Gabby Douglas?
The top 10 overall fundraisers will attend a private dinner with Gabby immediately following the fundraising event. The top 2 fundraisers will sit right next to Gabby!
How do I meet Gabby for pictures and autographs?
Everyone who raises a minimum of $250 meets Gabby for pictures and autographs! Bring something special for Gabby to sign!
How do I get to have a private gymnastic clinic with Gabby Douglas?
All gymnasts raising $125 will participate in a separate private clinic with Gabby.
The top 30 overall fundraisers will get to participate in an additional private clinic with Gabby Douglas.
When is the fundraising deadline?
Fundraising ends Monday, November 5, 2018 at 11:59 pm Eastern.
Are there any other prizes associated with this fundraiser?
We will be holding weekly fundraising contests for additional prizes. Check the fundraising website often!
Check out our fantastic prize lineup (with dollar amounts that must be raised to win each prize):
Raise money, help others, and score awesome prizes. It’s a win-win-win!
- $125: Attend a gymnastics clinic with Gabby, and receive an event wristband.
- $250: Meet Gabby for pictures, autographs and Q&A session. One parent welcome!
- $500: Original artist’s rendering poster of Gabby.
- $1,000: You’re taking home a snazzy trophy to show the world that you’re a fundraising CHAMPION! Gabby will autograph and personally present your new hardware!
- $1,500: Gabby will present you a signed Certificate of Fundraising Excellence during the Q&A session.
- $2,000: Bring an extra guest to the event – whoever you like!
- $3,000: Attend a private Rio Olympics roundtable discussion with Gabby. Learn about the Olympics from an Olympian!
- $5,000: Pose alongside Gabby in the official event picture that Gabby will post to her 1.85 million social media followers!
- $12,500: FUNDRAISING GOLD MEDALIST! The all-time individual fundraising record for a Lucas Sports Inc. event is $12,500. Beat this record and Lucas Sports will give you a $1,000 Amazon gift card!
Go for the top! Our top overall fundraisers will win awesome experiences with Gabby!
- Top 30 will participate in a private clinic with Gabby. This is an amazing opportunity to get tips from a world champion gymnast!
- Top 10 will attend a private dinner with Gabby. Bring your questions, your camera, and your appetite!
- Top 2 will attend the private dinner– seated next to Gabby!
When I raise $2,000 what does my guest get to participate in?
You can bring anyone you’d like! If your guest is a friend they can watch your clinic but not participate in it. Your guest will meet Gabby for pictures and an autograph and receive the original artist’s rendering poster of Gabby. If you are a top 10 overall fundraiser your guest will attend the dinner with Gabby and will sit at the parent’s and guest table.
I lost my fundraising link! Where can I find it?
Lost your link? NO PROBLEM! Go to https://gcgymnasticswithgabby.org/registered-gymnasts/.
Can someone donate by mail?
How quickly are donations credited to my gymnast fundraising page?
Online donations are credited immediately (allow a few moments for payment processing). Mailed-in donations can take up to a week to be credited.
When will I get my incentive prizes?
You’ll receive your incentive prizes at the event with Gabby Douglas.
What do I do with my fundraising link?
Email or text your link to family and friends and post it to your social media pages.
Can I register the entire family or do they need separate registrations?
Each gymnast must have a separate registration.